Hands-on cucumber workshop
1 Day Tutorial - May 25 2012
Note: Participants must bring their own mobile device for course exercises. This is a hands-on course.
Target beginners to intermediate.
This workshop introduces the concepts of Acceptance Test Driven Development, also called Specification by Example. Through a series of targeted exercises, attendees will be introduced to Cucumber, Ruby Scripting, and the techniques necessary to write tests that are robust and easy to maintain. The following topics will be covered:
- Gherkin and creating easy to understand specifications and examples
- The ATDD workflow and the impact to the whole team
- Building abstraction layers in order to minimize the impact of change on the test suite
- Testing web applications
- Building reusable page objects and page panels
- RSpec Matchers
- Default data and data driven testing
- Keeping your code clean and well factored
Jeff "Cheezy" Morgan is Chief Technology Officer and a cofounder of LeanDog. He has been coaching teams on Agile and Lean techniques since 2004 with a focus on the Engineering practices. For the past three years he has experienced great success and recognition for his work focusing on helping teams adopt Acceptance Test Driven Development using Cucumber. He is the author of several popular Ruby gems used by software testers throughout the world. He regularly teaches Cucumber classes and workshops and is the author of the soon-to-be-released book titled Cucumber & Cheese – A Testers Workshop.